ABC of snowmobile riding
What exactly is a drive belt? What does a drive belt do, and why does every rider need to know how to change one?
This trip will familiarise you with snowmobiles and how they are riden. Before practicing riding, we will learn how to change the drive belt. After this we will learn about the snowmobile controls before finally being able to experience snowmobile riding for real on the snowmobiling routes of Ylläs. The course has a duration of around three hours.
- This trip includes: snowmobiling gear, fuel, guidance services, third party and comprehensive insurance (excess (personal liability) in case of accident is 1000 €).
- The minimum age for riding a snowmobile is 15 years. In Levi the minimum age is 16 years. The rider must possess at least a driver’s licence for a tractor, and this licence must be carried at all times when riding the snowmobile!
- The drink driving rules are the same as for cars: Don’t drink and drive!
- For your own safety, please take any possible necessary medications with you on the safari (asthma inhalers, insulin, heart medicines, etc.).
- We do not recommend participating on a snowmobile safari if you are pregnant.